The Galen Society is a group of community members who wish to support the best patient care for all through their philanthropic giving. They are a key group of individuals working to ensure Virginia Hospital Center has the resources to remain a top-notch hospital.
This distinctive recognition society is managed by the Virginia Hospital Center Foundation and named in honor of Galen (130-200 AD,) a Greek physician renowned for his understanding of anatomy and physiology far ahead of his time.
Recognition and Benefits
- Name recognition in donor appreciation displays, such as the Wall of Honor in the Hospital’s Waterfall Atrium
- An Invitation to an exclusive Galen Society Luncheon with Virginia Hospital Center’s President & CEO, Jim Cole, and other Hospital executives
- Invitations to exclusive events throughout the year, such as the Galen Society Holiday Party
- Complementary parking at Virginia Hospital Center
- Special amenities during hospital stays, such as enhanced meal options
To become a member of the Galen Society, an individual or family must have a life-time cumulative giving of $25,000 or more. Individuals or families may also join the Galen Society through a one-time gift or a pledge of at least $25,000.
Galen Society members maintain their philanthropic support of the Hospital with an annual gift of $1,000 or more.
To join the Galen Society or to learn more please contact Colleen Hughes, Major Gifts Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.717.4424
"Supporting Virginia Hospital Center is extremely important to us because we believe having an excellent medical facility in our community is critical. Through these efforts, we are also part of the supportive network for Arlington Pediatric Center. This is truly meaningful because we are raising a family in Arlington and feel every child deserves quality medical care."
– Brian & Chris Normile, Galen Society Members since 2010