Most people who die of cardiovascular disease have no symptoms—or don't recognize the symptoms—until they have a fatal heart attack or stroke. Detecting heart disease before it strikes is a complex process. It requires the best available technology and the most experienced medical experts. Virginia Hospital Center is nationally recognized for its excellent patient outcomes in cardiac care, from prevention and patient education to detection and diagnosis. VHC offers comprehensive treatment options that include both medicinal therapies and minimally invasive surgical interventions. Additionally, VHC has earned accreditation as a Stroke Center of Excellence from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) International.
The impact of your donation:
- Accreditation as a Stroke Center of Excellence from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) International
- Advanced technology to help detect potential heart disease as early as possible, providing the best hope of preventing serious complications, through the following:
- Louise Sands Olmstead Cardiac Catheterization Lab is one of the first networked digital cardiac catheterization laboratories in Northern Virginia.
- Our comprehensive Heart Station, which provides cardiac stress testing, advanced heart imaging studies, a full array of echocardiogram imaging, and Holter monitors to track heart function for up to 24 hours
- Radiology Imaging, the first in the area to offer SmartScore™—a non-invasive, painless tool that uses high-speed CAT scan imaging to detect calcium deposits in the arteries.