Where will you make an impact?
It might be a heart attack, a fall, or a child’s high fever, but when medical emergencies strike, it is comforting to know Virginia Hospital Center’s Emergency Department is there to help, no matter when you need it. Thanks to ongoing support from caring donors, our Emergency Department is a top-notch facility, equipped with sophisticated equipment and staffed with world-class doctors, emergency-certified nurses, and many other technicians and providers who are committed to providing lifesaving care—with heartfelt compassion.
The Impact of Your Donation
- Ensures high-quality, emergency care is available close to home, when you need, for you and your loved ones
- Supports the expansion of our Emergency Department, to allow up to serve more patients, more effectively, without compromising compassion
- Provides continued education and training opportunities for Emergency Department staff
- Helps fund community outreach programs such as Hands2Heart, an initiative led by Virginia Hospital Center’s Emergency Department and the Arlington County Fire Department with the goal of teaching hands-only CPR | Learn More
Virginia Hospital Center’s Emergency Department Campaign:
Care in a Heartbeat
When a serious accident occurs, time is of the essence. Responding rapidly to an emergency can be the difference between life or death, chronic injury or a full recovery. According to the CDC, every year more than 130 million Americans visit emergency rooms, many of them with serious injuries that need immediate care.
That’s why Virginia Hospital Center is proud to announce its recent upgrade to a Level II Trauma Center. Our Emergency team can now care for more than 1,000 additional patients annually with severe injuries. We are proud to partner with George Washington University Medical Faculty Associates to provide our trauma services
Virginia Hospital Center’s Emergency Department includes 45 beds with two designated trauma rooms. The team currently cares for more than 50,000 patients annually and serves the Northern Virginia community regardless of a patient’s ability to pay.
An Opportunity to Help Save Lives
Virginia Hospital Center believes that our strength lies in providing excellent care, close to home. With our Level II Trauma Center, our patients can now not only receive their primary and specialty services at Virginia Hospital Center, they can be assured that we are here for them in the most urgent times.
Virginia Hospital Center’s Care in a Heartbeat Campaign provides targeted support for the Hospital’s emergency services through:
- Enhancing the patient and family experience during a visit
- Promoting our Level II Trauma Center
- Funding clinical skills trainings for the Emergency Department team
This Campaign offers a number of opportunities for donors to sponsor selected areas, such as our upgraded waiting room or a renovated Express Care bed, which is used for patients with less serious injuries. There will also be the opportunity to underwrite new equipment, including trauma stretchers and trauma manikins.
To become a sponsor or to learn more about our Care in a Heartbeat Campaign:
Virginia Hospital Center's Emergency Department is here for you and your family in every stage of life, from toddler accidents to stroke patients. We look forward to partnering with you as we upgrade our Emergency Department to serve even more members of the community.